FAQ & Figures
York County Location:
Nestled in the scenic heart of Pennsylvania's Dutch Country Roads Region, York County is conveniently located just North of Baltimore off Interstate 83, an easy jump from I-95, I-495 and I-695.
- Baltimore, MD: 54 miles
- Gettysburg, PA: 31 miles
- Harrisburg, PA: 22 miles
- Lancaster, PA: 28 miles
- New York, NY: 195 miles
- Philadelphia, PA: 97 miles
- Pittsburgh, PA: 220 miles
- Reading, PA: 60 miles
- Washington, DC: 93 miles
York County Population:
2020 Projection: 484,909
*York County, PA is one of the fastest growing counties in Pennsylvania, with an increased population of 12.4% from 2000 to 2009 compared to a state-wide average population change of 2.6%.
Harrisburg International Airport (30 minutes by car)
Baltimore-Washington International Airport (1 hour by car)
Philadelphia International Airport (2 hours by car)
Average high temperature in the summer is 85 F and 45 F in winter. Average precipitation is approximately 43 inches.
York County Hotel Rooms:
Manufacturing, Retail Trade, Health Care and Social Assistance and Public Administration.
- York County like to say "you'll have it made here" because of its abundance of manufacturing tours. In fact, York County offers more than 20 factory tours year-round.
- York County is also known as the Snack Food Capital of the World, as five snack food manufacturers such as Snyder's of Hanover and Martin's Snacks are located here.
- In 2012, Travel + Leisure cited York as having one of "America's Greatest Main Streets."
- The county's Mason-Dixon Wine Trail was named "One of the Best Wine Regions You've Never Heard Of" by Budget Travel Online.
- York was the birthplace of the Articles of Confederation.
- York acted as the nation's first Capital.
- The first coal burning locomotive was built in York in 1832.
- The animal cracker was created by Stauffer Biscuit Company in York 1871.
- Bob Hoffman, the "Father of World Weightlifting" established York Barbell Company in 1932.
- Explore York
- Group Tour Properties
- Motorcoach Services
- Group Tour Itineraries
- Group Tour Testimonials
- Request Group Tour Planners Guide
- Convention & Event Services
- Meeting Facilities
- Request a Meeting Facilities Guide
- Contact Us