Make Music Day York County
June 21, 2023
11 a.m.-11 p.m.
Presented by: Cultural Alliance of York County
Location: multiple locations county-wide
What is Make Music Day?
Make Music Day is an annual celebration that occurs each June 21, when people in more than 1,000 cities around the world make music together on the summer solstice.
In 1982, Jack Lang and the staff of France’s Ministry of Culture created a new kind of musical holiday they called Fête de la Musique, which means both “festival of music” and “make music!” They imagined a day where free, live music would be everywhere: street corners, parks, rooftops, gardens, storefronts, and mountaintops.
Make Music Day invites anyone and everyone to participate in making music!
Events will happen throughout York County and additional events will continue to be added up to the day of the event!
- Box Lunch Revue Bonus Concert, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. in Cherry Lane
- Karaoke Night Make Music Day at Menchey Music
- Drum Circle in Downtown York
- Performance by Nodding Onion Piano Marathon in Continental Square
- Painted Pianos Downtown by York Art Association
- Harmonica Lessons
- Pub Singalongs in various locations
- Musical Instrument Making at Keystone Kidspace
- Events in libraries across York County!
Thank you to the incredible sponsors who make this day possible in York County!
- M&T Bank
- Explore York
- Traditions Bank
Please check the Make Music Day website for more information.