Discover Science on the Farm
Alongside the food we are growing, we are also growing learners here at Flinchbaugh's Orchard. Through hands-on lessons and projects, students will dig-in to agricultural and environmental science content in a fresh, relevant way, allowing learners to actively engage in inquiry and discovery -- both foundational elements in science.
This summer camp is geared for learners 8-12 years old and taught by Ethan.
Wednesdays July 14 through August 18, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Dirty Hands + Growing Minds + Full Bellies
What a day at Dig In looks like:
- Parents drop off learners at Orchard Pavilion
- Kick off with a greeting and a question of the day
- ID and discussion of Key Term
- Application and activity
- Lunch (to be provided by student) + fresh seasonal fruit snack (to be provided by Flinchbaugh's)
- Project time
Areas of Focus:
- Pollinators and Other Insects
- Orchard Crops
- Corn, Soybeans and Wheat Crops
- Farm Animals