FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Chair, York County Tourism Grant Committee
717-801-4481 or email@example.com
York County Convention & Visitors Bureau
717-852-9675, ext. 103 or firstname.lastname@example.org
YORK, PA - The York County Tourism Grant Committee has approved more than $69,000 in total funding for eight dynamic projects during its second round of awards in 2017, continuing the surge of momentum the local tourism industry has seen over the past year.
The York County Convention & Visitors Bureau Board of Directors ratified the projects October 5. With the additional awards, the Grant Committee has now approved almost $1.1 million in grant funding, with several projects spanning multiple years.
"Grants in this round were capped at $10,000 each, but all the selected projects pack a punch and have the potential to grow tourism in all corners of York County," said Eric Menzer, President of the York Revolution and Chair of the York County Tourism Grant Committee. "We continue to be impressed by the ability of entrepreneurs and forward-thinkers who have found ways to leverage this valuable program to bring more visitors to our community regardless of the size of the grant award."
The following projects were awarded grants:
- City of York: $10,000 to support the 24th Annual York City Bike Night, which is moving from a Friday to a Saturday in 2018. The grant funding will help the city widely publicize the new Saturday date, which is expected to help draw more overnight visitors to York County.
- The Eichelberger Performing Arts Center: $10,000 for a Tourism Marketing Plan designed to grow attendance, especially from outside the York County area.
- The Maryland & Pennsylvania Railroad Preservation Society: $10,000 to restore its historic, full-size diesel locomotive to transport passenger excursion cars and a caboose, with the objective of attracting more visitors and volunteers while increasing passenger capacity.
- The Crispus Attucks Association of York, PA: $10,000 for a Goodridge Freedom Center business plan to position the museum as a premier historic attraction.
- Gifford Pinchot Disc Golf: $10,000 to support a bid to host the 2019 Pennsylvania Disc Golf Amateur World Championships, which could bring more than 800 nights of lodging.
- The Friends of Glen Rock Borough: $9,612.22 to grow the Glen Rock Arts & Brew Fest through expanded marketing efforts and increased programming.
- The Susquehanna Folk Music Society: $5,500 to market its York Folk Series concerts.
- Cor Cymraeg Rehoboth (Rehoboth Welsh Choir): $4,132 to support a Rehoboth Welsh Choir Concert at The Appell Center for the Performing Arts in Downtown York, with the intent of increasing awareness of the historic influence of Welsh immigrants in York County and attracting visitors to the Delta area, where the church is located.
The next application period will cover large grants with no funding ceilings. It will open in early 2018, with awards announced no later than June. When timely opportunities arise, the Grant Committee will also entertain funding requests outside the normal deadlines. All grant applicants must provide a 25 percent cash or in-kind match.
Requirements and restrictions can be found at www.yorkpa.org. Questions about the application process may be directed to Denise Restuccia, Community Partnership Manager at the York County CVB, by emailing email@example.com or calling 717-852-9675, ext. 113.
In addition to Menzer, the York County Tourism Grant Committee is comprised of State Representative Kate Klunk, York County Commissioner Susan Byrnes, York County Economic Alliance President and CEO Kevin Schreiber, RKL Partner and YCCVB Board Member Rob Berkebile, Springwood Hospitality CEO Dave Hogg and Hanover Area Chamber of Commerce Marketing and Public Relations Director Katy King.
The York County Convention & Visitors Bureau's Mission is to maximize tourism expenditures and their economic impact in York County, PA, through comprehensive tourism sales and marketing programs. The York County CVB's Vision is for a York County where tourism is recognized for the value of its economic impact and its role in raising the profile of York County as a sought-after destination. For more information on the York County Convention & Visitors Bureau, call 1-888-858-9675 or visit www.yorkpa.org.