YORK COUNTY TOURISM GRANT COMMITTEE APPROVES FUNDING FOR 7 PROJECTS IN ROUND 2
YORK, PA – The York County Tourism Grant Committee has approved more than $56,000 in total funding for seven dynamic projects during its second round of awards in 2019, continuing the surge of momentum the local tourism industry has seen since the program began.
The Explore York Board of Directors ratified the projects on Thursday, November 7. Since its inception, the Grant Committee has now approved more than $2.5 million in grant funding, with several projects spanning multiple years. During the second round of grant applications there was a $10,000 cap on requests.
“This year’s Round 2 recipients are placing a special emphasis on reaching new visitors through expanding marketing efforts,” said Eric Menzer, President of the York Revolution and Chair of the York County Tourism Grant Committee. “Whether it is with a Bailey Coach motorcoach wrapped in a fresh look for the county, new promotional materials, or hosting an event, these grants will help raise the awareness of York County as a travel destination.”
Grants given to organizations for marketing purposes are meant to be used for promotion placed outside a fifty-mile radius of York County, as well as enhance the visitor experience and generate overnight stays.
The following projects were awarded grants:
- Bailey Coach: $9,220 for York County Promotional Motorcoach Wrap featured on one of their buses.
- Borough of Hanover: $10,000 to produce a Have it Made in Hanover promotional video
- County of York: $10,000 to develop an SEO digital social media campaign to promote the York County Rail Trail.
- Downtown Inc: $10,000 for a targeted social media campaign marketing Downtown York.
- PA Coroners' Association: $2,500 to offer York experiences to the attendees of the PA Coroners' Association 2020 Annual Conference in York County.
- Racing Xtravaganza: $10,000 to host the eSports iRacing United States Championship.
- York County Rail Trail Authority: $5,000 to refresh YCRTA's promotional, marketing, and outreach materials.
The next application period will cover grants with no funding ceilings. It will open January 15, 2020, with awards announced no later than June. When timely opportunities arise, the Grant Committee will also entertain funding requests outside the normal deadlines. All grant applicants must provide a 25 percent cash or in-kind match.
Requirements and restrictions can be found at www.yorkpa.org. Questions about the application process may be directed to Denise Restuccia, Grant Program Manager at Explore York, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 717-852-9675, ext. 113.
In addition to Menzer, the York County Tourism Grant Committee is comprised of State Representative Kate Klunk, York County Deputy Administrator/Chief Clerk Kristy Bixler, York County Economic Alliance President and CEO Kevin Schreiber, RKL Partner and YCCVB Board Member Rob Berkebile, Springwood Hospitality CEO Dave Hogg and Hanover Area Chamber of Commerce Marketing and Public Relations Director Emily Freiert.
Explore York’s Mission is to maximize tourism expenditures and their economic impact in York County, PA, through comprehensive tourism sales and marketing programs. Explore York’s Vision is for a York County where tourism is recognized for the value of its economic impact and its role in raising the profile of York County as a sought-after destination. For more information on the Explore York, call 1-888-858-9675 or visit www.yorkpa.org.