YORK, PA – Sport York will host three keynote speakers, a panel discussion, and complimentary breakfast on Thursday, July 28, from 9 – 11 a.m. at Historic Ashland in Wrightsville, PA.
This event will pay tribute to the 50th anniversary of Title IX and celebrate local women and their successful sports careers. The event is free but registration is required by July 21. Please visit Eventbrite.com.
Event keynote speakers include:
- York, PA, native Trinity Thomas. Thomas is an American artistic gymnast and 4X US National Team Member. She was a member of the gold-medal winning team at the 2018 Pan American Gymnastics Championships, where she won silver.
- York, PA, native Loretta Claiborne. Claiborne is a motivational speaker and athlete for the Special Olympics of Pennsylvania. In 1996 Loretta won the ESPN Arthur Ashe ESPY Courage Award. Claiborne has competed in 300+ local and state Special Olympics events in Pennsylvania and continues to train in multiple sports.
- Dr. Abbie Kelley, DO, OSS Health. Kelley, a primary care sports medicine physician, recently launched the Female Athlete Clinic where she spends her time evaluating and treating the female athlete as a whole. Kelley is also team physician for Messiah University and treats athletes at Penn State York and York College of Pennsylvania. She has treated members of the Olympic Weightlifting Team and currently oversees the Sports Dermatology Clinic at OSS Health.
Explore York will also moderate a panel discussion featuring four female athletes:
- Lisa Baker – Former DIII athlete. Baker was starting pitcher for the Dickinson College softball team from 1997-2001. Today, Baker is owner of Carmen Fusco Pro Baseball and Softball Academy.
- Sue DuMars – Former head colleyball coach at Loyola University for three seasons and 19 years as head volleyball coach at York College of Pennsylvania. During her time as head coach at York College, DuMars led the Spartans to a school-record 345 wins and won the Capital Athletic Conference championship in 1997. DuMars earned CAC coach of the year awards in 1997, 2002, and 2013.
- Brandy Meyer – York County native and graduate of Dallastown Area High School. Meyer played DIII volleyball at Juniata College. Her team made it to the DIII Final Four five years running from 1998-2002. Meyer was a First Team All-American her junior and senior years and was selected as NCAA's Woman of the Year during her senior year.
- Kaitlyn Dulac – Current head softball coach at York College of Pennsylvania since 2019. Dulac has 11 years of coaching experience and was lead assistant coach at Washington University in St. Louis and head junior varsity and assistant varsity coach at La Salle Academy in Providence, Rhode Island. Dulac was a four-year starter at Ithaca College where she helped lead Ithaca to four NCAA Tournament appearances, including the World Series in 2005 and 2006. Dulac was a four-time all conference selection and picked up ESPN The Magazine First-Team All-District honors in 2006.
Sport York & Explore York would like to thank our event sponsors: OSS Health; York College of Pennsylvania; Historic Ashland; Inch & Co.; and Sipes Dental.
Explore York's Sport York program is designed to recruit events and generate additional economic impact in York County. Sport York positions York County as Pennsylvania's Premier Sports Destination, highlighting the area's dynamic facilities and central location on the East Coast. For further information about Sport York, visit YorkPA.org/sports.
Explore York's Mission is to maximize tourism expenditures and their economic impact in York County, PA, through comprehensive tourism sales and marketing programs. Explore York's Vision is for a York County where tourism is recognized for the value of its economic impact and its role in raising York County's profile as a sought-after destination. For more information visit YorkPA.org.
# # #