From motorcycles to pretzels, you're invited behind the scenes of America's favorite products at 22 FREE tours
Sweet and Salty Trail
Sweet Treats & Salty Eats Snack Food Trail
Warm potato chips fresh from the fryer, creamy candy traveling down the line and hand-twisted pretzels will tempt your taste buds as you travel the Sweet Treats and Salty Eats Trail!
Savor the sweet and salty side of manufacturing as you go behind the scenes at York area snack food factories to watch as some of America's favorite treats are baked, popped, fried and seasoned to perfection right before your eyes!
Sweet Treats & Salty Eats Tours & Outlets
Each stop on the trail provides a mouthwatering experience!
- Perrydell Farm Dairy: This family-owned dairy farm has been producing and bottling its own milk for more than three decades! Visit the farm to take the free self-guided tour where you'll have the chance to see cows being milked, calves being fed or milk being bottled. Once you've finished the tour, treat yourself to a cone of the dairy's homemade ice cream and be sure to pick up a bottle of Perrydell Farm Chocolate Milk - it's legendary!
- Martin's Potato Chips: Martin's is known for its hand-cooked, kettle-cooked potato chips. These unique chips were first produced in the farm kitchen of Harry and Fairy Martin and have been a staple in the hearts and homes of York County ever since! On the production floor, you'll discover how more than one million bags are produced every month.
- Revonah Pretzel: This small family operation produces pretzels made from Grandma's original sourdough recipe. Each batch is rolled and twisted by hand, salted to perfection, then baked and hardened in a heated kiln for hours. The result is a delectable golden brown pretzel with the perfect amount of crunch!
- Utz Quality Foods: See and smell the making of famous Utz potato chips and snacks during the half-hour self-guided tour at Utz Quality Food's 600,000 square foot facility. Enter a glass-enclosed observation gallery to watch as raw spuds are transformed into crunchy chips.
- Stauffer's Cookie Outlet: In 1871, Stauffer's created the first animal crackers right here in York! Each day the company produces more than 250 tons of animal crackers, cookies and snack crackers on fifteen oven lines! Visit the factory store to stock up on your favorite cookies and treats!